Makin Dixon are a Family Law Specialist firm working in close knit teams providing help and assistance to families. We have particular focus on Domestic Violence and Children. We are a leading law firm in terms of both our performance and reputation.
We frequently have opportunities for solicitors, legal executives, paralegals, trainee solicitors and high quality support staff.
Our vacancies can be linked to here, if we do not have a current vacancy and you would like to make a speculative application, please email a covering letter and CV to the careers department Careers@makindixon.co.uk
We are an equal opportunities employer.
If you require any special arrangements/adjustments to be made in order to take a full part in the interview process, please let us know your requirements and we will make every effort to provide assistance.
Makin Dixon are different and better in more ways than you think. We’ve pulled together an outstanding benefits package to complement our competitive remuneration system.
In addition to the competitive salaries, the great working environment and high quality work, we believe that all staff should be rewarded for their commitment to the continued success of the firm through a comprehensive and flexible range of benefits.
These can include:
- Up to 25 paid working days holiday per annum
- ‘Happy Birthday!’ – have a free day off to celebrate (We won’t take it from your annual entitlement)* and after 5 years have a £50 voucher to spend every birthday as well
- Generous monthly contribution towards life assurance cover for peace of mind or Health Insurance after you have been with us for 2 years (spend it how best it suits you and your family)
- A pension scheme with employer contributions
- Dental, Optical and prescription health care cash back plan through Sovereign health care *
- Sovereign Health care level one cash plan package*
- Childcare vouchers which are not subject to tax or NI
- Interest free season ticket loans*
- Staff introduction bonus scheme
- Corporate discounts on a wide variety of products and services
- Discounted conveyancing and legal advice, for instance for wills and family trusts
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Payment of Panel accreditations
- Merry Christmas! – have a locally sourced Christmas Turkey or ham on us for you and your family to enjoy
- 10 year bonus of an extra month salary
- All expenses paid Summer and Christmas party events
- Senior level employees can enjoy further benefits
Happy, balanced, healthy people not only enjoy their work more, they also do it better. Sometimes the people we want to work here can’t conform to a typical nine-to-five day. In these cases we’ll look at flexible working to help you fit your job to your life and your life to your job. We’re ready to listen to any suggestions from anyone and to consider any reasonable request.
Inevitably you will spend a fair amount of time at work, so we’ve made our offices places that people like to be in: friendly calm environments with modern work-stations, excellent IT, lots of natural light and clean, well-stocked kitchens.
(benefits marked with a * may only be applicable after you have been with the firm for 12 months )
The Firm is authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority as a training establishment. We are authorised to have up to six trainee solicitors at any one time.