Change of Name Deed

There are a number of reasons why you or your child may wish to change your child’s name, for example, if you marry, remarry, get divorced or you separate from your partner. We offer a simple and efficient service to enable you to change your child’s name by preparing and arranging the Change of Name Deed for a one off Fixed Fee of £150 + VAT.

If more than one person shares parental responsibility for a child then all people who share parental responsibility must consent and agree to your child’s change of name. If your child is 16 or over or is approaching their 16th birthday the child must make the application for their name changing and they do not need parental consent.

What do I get for my money?

You will get a one on one 30 minute telephone consultation with a family lawyer whom will be personal to your case.

We will take all the pressure and leg work of you by corresponding with the other party who has parental responsibility for your child; we will write to them to obtain their written consent to the change of name deed. We will prepare all the necessary documentation and draft the change of Name Deed for you. We will also send to you the completed change of name deed with 2 certified copies.

If all parties who share parental responsibility for a child do not agree, to the change of name deed we do offer a fixed fee service in relation to children negotiation.

Please see the menu of further options to the right of this page.